Monday, December 21, 2009

Back Surgery

Another exciting thing (not) that we have had going in our family is the middle of November I hurt my back somehow. I think it was just wear and tear over the years of having kids and my job but I woke up one morning with my sciatic nerve pinched. It was a pretty bad pain. I went to the doctor and he put me on steroids and pain med. Two weeks went by and it decided to switch legs. I ended up getting an MRI and found out that I had severly herniated disc. I went to 2 different surgeons to find out what I needed to have done. They both said surgery was my only option. So on Dec 9th I went under the knife. When I woke up my legs felt the best they had in the last 4 weeks. As of now I am feeling a lot better but I am not supposed to lift, bend, or twist. I know that may not sound bad because when they told me I could do that stuff I thought, "Oh, I will be fine. It will not slow me down that much." Well just try a day without doing those three things. It is really hard. My kids have had to grow up a lot and have become really good helpers. I am very blessed to have all of the love of our families and a wonderful ward that help us so much through all of this. Thank you to all of you that help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment